The University of Guelph Campus Safety Office is proud to announce that a new campus safety app for smartphones is available to our entire campus community.
This app is a step towards our commitment to improving safety on campus. The use of smartphones is the most common way we communicate, share with others and is an integral part our daily lives. SAFEGRYPHON app is your personal companion during your school experience here at the University of Guelph.
Some of the features of SAFEGRYPHON
- Click to call - In an emergency, time is of the essence. Putting you in contact of emergency services is two screen taps away.
- Friend Walk - Send your location in real-time to a friend so they can watch you as you walk to your destination! They can watch you and can trigger a call to emergency services if necessary.
- Push notifications - SAFEGRYPHON has the power to protect you and keep you safe while on campus. Emergency notifications are received through this app and displayed on your smartphone even when the app IS NOT running.
- Call SafeWalk - Call directly the free service that provides a safe and reliable escort after dark for any person on the University of Guelph campus.
- Custom Real-Time Mapping - find interactive customized maps of the University of Guelph Campus. You can even email your GPS position in real time.
We are encouraging all of our campus community to download the SAFEGRYPHON app. It is available for FREE at the Apple App Store, Google Play and BlackBerry World.